- 1 Post By The SSD Guy
Buy and Sell Rules
1. You MUST post a price for ALL For Sale (FS) and For Sale/For Trade (FS/FT) topics.
2. You cannot charge taxes for your items. Honour your prices.
3. No auction style posts will be allowed. This includes posting vague statements like "Make me an offer!" or waiting for an offer higher than what you posted. The posting of eBay links by themselves is prohibited. eBay links are allowed if the poster is willing to sell the item(s) to forum members at a specified, POSTED price.
4. Threadcrapping will not be tolerated. If you do not intend to buy and have no legitimate questions or concerns, please refrain from posting in that topic. If you think the asking price is too high, or want to make an offer significantly lower than the posted price, please contact the seller via email or private message (PM). Violators of this rule will be banned for 3 days for a first offense. Multiple offenders will be banned permanently.
5. You cannot sell something you do not have in your immediate possession. You cannot sell items on behalf of your friends, relatives, etc. If they wish to sell something, they should create their own forum account.
6. No alcohol, tobacco, pornography or weapon sales. This includes air soft and paintball guns.
7. No pirated/bootleg/illegal/trades allowed. You cannot disclose the inclusion of pirated games/applications/movies in any of your sale threads. Your price can also not reflect the inclusion of pirated games/applications/movies. Furthermore, the sale of fake purses or other branded goods is strictly prohibited.
8. Selling tickets for an event above the ticket face value is illegal and not allowed. You must include the face value of the ticket in your ticket sale listing. Creative evasion of the scalping laws (ie including another item) is not allowed.
9. No more than 2 active threads every 5 days at all times. This means you can either have 2 for sale threads, 2 want to buy threads, or one of each in a forum.
10. Bumping a thread: No more that 2 bumps per 24 hour period (00:00 - 23:59). Any post by the original poster counts as a bump, even if they are answering a question.
11. Price Checks/Interest Checks do not belong in the Buy, Sell, and Trading Post forums. Please post all Price Checks in the Hardware forum or Off Topic forum if appropriate. Please make it a genuine post to determine price and not an attempt to find the highest bidder.
12. Services are not allowed in the Buy, Sell, and Trading Post. We have had numerous problems with people offering services and believe this is in the best interest of our users.
13. Dealers, resellers and other large quantity sellers are not allowed to post in the BST. You cannot sell more than 3 new items per thread. This includes 3 of the same new item or 3 individual new items. If you want to sell more than 3 new items, you can either become a Sponsored Poster (see information below) or contact Les@thessdreview.com for advertising information. Users selling large quantities of used or refurbished items who are clearly operating a business are not allowed either.
What is a "Sponsored Poster"?
A sponsored poster is a small business or large quantity seller who has paid for the privilege of posting in the TheSSDReview.com Buy, Sell, and Trade forums. They are bound by the same rules of posting as any other TheSSDReviews.com user with the exception of the rule against large quantity sales and the charging of taxes. TheSSDReview.com does in no way vouch for the legitimacy of the "Sponsored Poster" and normal precautions should be taken when dealing with them. If you would like more information on becoming a "Sponsored Poster" please contact Les@thessdreview.com
14. Users other than the original poster are not allowed to post a message to a Buy, Sell, and Trade thread solely for the purpose of bringing it to the top of the thread list (AKA "bumping"). Only legitimate questions or concerns may be posted to a thread.